It's been 8 months since my last post, and I've found that staying healthy while living the life of a busy college student can be a pretty extreme challenge.
During the month of February, though, I was able to stop dead in my unhealthy tracks and see this "falling out" experience as a giant learning opportunity.
As of last week, I am back to counting my calories, exercising, and implementing the right healthy nutrients into my everyday diet.
Without the time to write while busy with homework, friends, and events, my motivation had dropped dramatically. I started to eat whatever and whenever I liked. I stopped working out. I even started to forget this entire journey and how amazing it felt to step on the scale and see 1-3 pounds disappear each week.
Throughout the rest of the summer months in 2015, I left this blog alone but kept working hard. I reached a yearly low of 193 pounds (my last recorded weight on the blog being 204 pounds). At the very beginning of May 2015, I weighed a whopping 223 pounds, making my total weight loss of 2015: 30 pounds. This was within a span of 4 months, averaging out at seven and a half pounds lost per month, which is pretty quick.
As of today, I weigh 198 pounds. Over the span of August to February, I gained just over 10 pounds back from the time that I was 193 pounds. While assuming I'd gained (at least) all of the weight back by that point, I dreaded stepping on the scale after I'd finally mustered up the courage to weigh myself (which took months!)
I wasn't impressed with the weight I'd gained back after summer ended, but the number on the scale was still much lower than expected. My determination shot through the roof. I was immediately motivated to return my healthy lifestyle.
The fruit, veggies, lean meats, and elliptical trainer welcomed me back with open arms. And within a few weeks, I was right back on track toward my weight loss goals.
Last week, I lost a whopping 3 pounds! But instead of starving myself and working out profusely, I simply implemented the right nutrients into my diet while staying under my preferred amount of daily calories and went on a few light walks a day to get myself back into the "clean routine."
So, in conclusion, I'll try to post AOAP (as often as possible) while tackling midterms and the rest of the semester ahead. I'm so, so excited to be back to exercising and eating clean! Healthy living, university life, and fitness tips updates in the near future!
Work hard, eat clean, and most importantly, have a great day!
Current Weight: 198 lbs
Pounds Away From Goal Weight: 53
Goal Weight: 145 lbs
P.S.
It's almost spring! A.K.A. bikini season is coming soon. Get outside and work for that bikini! #FITSPO

No comments:
Post a Comment