Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Healthy Living: Create Your Bucket List - And How to Accomplish It


What is it that you really, really want to accomplish in life? What are your short-term and long-term goals, fitness or otherwise? To-do lists are super helpful, because getting your intuitions down on paper is going to help you succeed. Making to-do lists is crucial in actually getting these things done and over with. So, write yours! For inspiration, here's mine:




Anna's To-Do/Bucket List:

  • get a steady job that you love and hold it for years
  • pass the driver's test and hold your driver's license in your hands
  • reach my weight-loss goal of 145 lbs (80 lost!)
  • start a saving's account (and keep the money there!)
  • live free of GMO's/eat as clean as possible
  • start lifting at the gym and use machines other than just the elliptical
  • start boot camp and HIIT classes at the gym
  • succeed at DBT (dialectical behavior therapy) and live free of anti-depressants
  • graduate 2-year and 4-year college and get your associate's and bachelor's degrees in psychology
  • live a happy, healthy life!

Tips to accomplish these things:

*never give up on any of these dreams
*drink lots of water, especially before/while eating
*start each day with at least one positive thought
*drink green tea
*detox your body with fruits and veggies
*put yourself in nature as much as possible, it's amazing for your mind and body
*just keep going, no matter how tough!!

Remember, not everyone will like you. Accept the fact. Know that this is okay, the people that do like and love you are the ones that are relevant and matter in your life.

Never waste your time thinking about what went wrong in the past, or about the people that you believe dislike or even "hate" you. Don't make assumptions. Someone you think may dislike you may just be shy or aggressive for their own reasons.

In a crowd of haters trying to crush your dreams and inspiration, there is always at least one superfan shutting them all down.

And when you're feeling down, remember the times you never want to forget. In my case, these times are family vacations to the ocean, road trips, fishing, picnics, dates with Derek, camping trips, the hot summer months, being a child while my mind exploded with imagination, and especially, every moment of every day that I am with my family, the ones who love me most. I have a strong belief that family is not necessarily blood. I have a sister that is not related to me by blood, and I have an aunt who I don't consider family.

When I'm down, I like to think of my 2-year-old cousin, Drew. I think of the times I made him laugh, or the times I entertained him and showed or taught him things. These things in life are what really matter, so don't get too down if you get turned down to 2 jobs in one day. Update: I scored my third interview today. It's for a job working with and caring for disabled people. I think it sounds like a blast with no sarcasm intended!

At the end of the day, we remember the good times best. We forget the fights and the injustices, and remember the love and we see the world as a happy and wonderful place. And my last tip of the day is:

*spend each moment of your life creating memories

No comments:

Post a Comment