This time, I was lying on the trampoline in my backyard looking for blog post inspiration in the gorgeous sun. Jotting out almost 30 posts in a week can be exhausting, and since I'd hit my fairly rare case of Writer's Block, I decided I'd get outside and do some serious relaxing.
My backyard is absolutely perfect for a free mind-body spa session, meaning that I lie out in the yard and get a taste of Vitamin C while meditating, or simply thinking about things that make me happy, like my boyfriend and the adventurous future we have ahead of us. There's so much fresh air in my small town in Minnesota, and my backyard is engulfed in bright, lustrous green. There's plenty of gorgeous blackberry trees lining the yard, and as I was lying underneath one, a berry fell onto my nose. I guess this is where the inspiration came from.
A few minutes later, I was preparing my pancake batter and mixing in freshly-picked blackberries. And a few minutes after that, I was chowing down my pancake with syrup and a few berries on top.
The sweet, rich taste of the berries was absolutely delectable with the yummy, thick cakes. A great flavor mix! (And no, this is not my photo. I had to find a more aesthetic picture to use, as mine was a little blah. But the pancakes tasted just as good!)
Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- blackberries (as many as you like!)
How To Prepare:
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix milk and eggs.
- Mix both bowls together and carefully stir in berries.
- Melt a small bit of butter in a frying pan or on a griddle and heat over medium-low heat.
- Add 1/2 cup-fulls of batter to pan and cook till golden brown and bubbly on the edges.
- Flip and repeat!
Thanks for reading! I highly recommend blackberries because their flavor is perfect for pancakes, and you just need a bit of syrup.
Remember to eat clean, meditate, and most importantly, have a great day!

No comments:
Post a Comment