Sunday, June 14, 2015

Fitness Tips: The Best Pre- and Post-Workout Snacks to Help Amp You Up



Need help finding the right low-calorie snacks that'll fill you up before and after a workout? I've found that after a workout, I feel absolutely drained, and before a workout, I always wonder what to eat that will give my body the energy it needs, but won't spoil my workout. If you've ever had the same problem, these healthy snack ideas can really help you out!



Pre-Workout Snack Ideas (for a great source of healthy carbs that give you energy!)
  • Quinoa
  • Dried fruit
  • Lowfat coffee drinks
  • Greek yogurt
  • Popcorn
  • Fruit Smoothie
  • Oatmeal
  • Hummus
  • Yogurt Parfait
  • Apples and peanut butter
  • Berries
  • Roasted chicken

Post-Workout Snack Ideas (for a great source of protein that helps your body recover and get the nutrients it needs!)
  • Protein bars/shakes
  • Oranges
  • Pistachios
  • Cottage cheese
  • Chocolate almond milk
  • Hard-boiled or fried eggs/egg whites
  • Chocolate protein pudding
  • Trail mix
  • String cheese

Whether you're looking for something low on calories, something protein-packed, or both, I've got your favorite foods and recipes coming soon! Take care and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment