Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Weekly Update: 16 Gone, 64 To Go!

Good afternoon!

I'll be starting to post an update on myself and my weight loss journey each week. This will be the introductory post, although, I'll post my full amount lost this Sunday, and I'll share my own tips and tricks to keep up the weight loss!

Today, I hit the gym for the first time in a while. I've been slacking off a bit. Well, if you call "slacking off" losing 16 pounds in 6 weeks. I don't really know how I did it, honestly. I was cheating on my diet and actually ate a piece of 600-calorie strawberry pie when my boyfriend was visiting and wanted to treat me. Bad Derek!

I also wasn't working out as often. I was still trying to fit at least an hour of walking in a day, but I was rarely hitting the gym over the course of the past 2 weeks and wasn't burning nearly as much as I used to be during the first month.

I'm very new to this, and I slip up more often than I should. Although, last week I went from 210 to 207, and that was really something to celebrate, as 3 pounds in one week was the most I'd ever lost in that short of a time period. I knew it was legitimate too, because each time I weigh myself, I wear a sports bra and panties. I only weigh on Sundays, and each time I step on the scale I have already had my morning potty and have not eaten or drank anything yet. It's absolutely the first thing I do each Sunday morning, so I know it's as accurate as possible. I was jumping up and down, and I rewarded myself with a morning workout and a healthy garden salad for lunch!

Since Sunday, I've been doing much better on my diet and nutrient counting. I've been trying to eat more protein, calcium, and fiber, and less saturated fats, sodium, and unnatural sugars. I eat more fruits and veggies than ever before and I think I'll succeed at this (and continue to for years) for the first time in my life!

I've lost a pretty significant amount of weight in the past, but I made the rookie mistake of letting myself slip back into my old eating habits after I reached my goal of 145 lbs. I let loose and decided to eat unhealthy foods again, and that only brought me (over the course of 4 years) to the highest BMI/weight gain I've ever experienced. I began my weight loss journey at 223 pounds, and last Sunday, I was 207. My goal weight is 145, and by previous experience, I know I look healthy and feel good at that weight.

We'll see what week 7 brings on Sunday! I'll post updates about my Sunday-Funday Weigh-In, as I like to call it! I weigh myself weekly instead of daily, just for personal reasons. I do recommend weighing yourself a little less often, though. Body weight fluctuates, so if you are weighing daily and gain a couple pounds, don't be discouraged. It may just be water weight or maybe you need to poop! This is why I recommend weighing weekly instead, you'll be able to see real progress without feeling bad about yourself each day!

Have a great day!

- Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment